The Northallerton BID: Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most commonly asked questions:
1. Why do we need a BID?
2. Why should I subsidise the major stores?
3. What would a BID do for the night-time economy?
4. What’s wrong with Northallerton: why do we want to change anything?
5. What under-utilised assets are there that could attract more visitors to Northallerton?
6. We’ve had a town manager before. How would a BID be different?
7. To whom would a town manager be accountable?
8. What say would I have in determining a town manager’s priorities?
9. How much would I have to pay?
10. How would a BID be managed?
11. What businesses would the BID cover?
12. Why would coach parties come to Northallerton?
13. Would new businesses on the old prison site be included?
14. What will be the impact of the North Northallerton development?
15. Nobody pays attention to 'consultations' and surveys in this town. Why or how will the BID process be any different?
16. Can businesses outside the BID map contribute or be involved?
17. Are the town, district and county councils supporting this project and if so, how?
18. Can I opt out of paying for the BID?
19. Where have BIDs been successful?
20. Some BIDs have a bad reputation for being unaccountable and opaque: how would you ensure transparency in a Northallerton BID?
21. How does the BID fit in with a Northallerton Neighbourhood Plan?
22. Will the BID be able to influence the current car parking charging regime?